Preparing Your Quilt
Make sure you download our "Preparing Your Quilt" PDF at the bottom of this list.
- Ensure your quilt lies flat and is squared up (it can't be loaded onto the machine otherwise)
- Clip all lose threads on the top of your quilt
- If you have a light coloured top ensure threads on the wrong side are also clipped
- Very well pressed top with all seams flat on the backside
- Well pressed backing, folded neatly and hung over a hanger
- Backing must be 5" larger than top on each side of the quilt top. i.e. Top = 60x80, Backing = 70x90
- We have 96" Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 for sale - $12/m
- A note about symmetrical backing: Please remember that we cannot see the backing when quilting and it is possible for the backing to shift slightly. Therefore, it is strongly advised you stay away from symmetrical backings as we cannot guarantee anything with them.
- Bring your quilt and backing (and batting if you are not purchasing it from us) separately - they are loaded separately onto the machine.